Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Find complete monographs on over 3,500 generic and brand-name drugs—including 49 new drugs approved by the FDA in the past year—along with essential details on each drug’s:
• Available Forms (P.O, I.V., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & Dosages (common prescribed/off-label uses, accurate dosages, adjust-a-dose information for specific populations)
• Administration (covers all applicable routes, I.V. information specially highlighted)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse Reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on Lab Test Results
• Contraindications & Cautions (includes drug’s dialyzable status and overdose signs & symptoms)
• Pregnancy-Lactation-Reproduction information (grouped under one convenient heading)
• Nursing Considerations (describes monitoring techniques, prevention and treatment, patient safety & comfort)
• Patient Teaching guidelines.
Download the 103 free sample generic and brand-name drug entries and you’ll quickly discover that the Nursing Drug Handbook App is easy to use and includes all of the safety information you need to provide top-level care for your patients. To get full access to all 1,200 generic and 2,300 brand-name entries, just complete the InApp purchase (details below).
Once you’ve subscribed, you’ll have all of the vital information and tools you need to provide safe patient care, including …
• Weekly updates with the latest need-to-know drug facts so you always stay current
• Easy-to-spot Black Box warnings and clinical Alerts
• Fast and easy search via the Search Bar or by category (Therapeutic/Pharmacologic
Class, Combination Drugs, Canadian Drugs)
• Photo Guide containing images of 455 of the most commonly prescribed tablets and capsules
• Free online Dosage Calculator to double-check drug calculations
• Easy-to-use tools (Notes, Favorites) to create your own customized drug database.
Find answers fast to better safeguard against med errors…
When you download nursing’s most trusted drug reference, you’ll have access to over 6,180 recent clinical changes to drug information, including...
• 1,001 NEW facts on adverse reactions and dangerous interactions
• 303 NEW nursing considerations and patient-teaching facts
• 752 NEW facts on indications and dosages.
Based on content from the best-selling Nursing2017 Drug Handbook, the Nursing Drug Handbook App is meticulously reviewed by pharmacists and nurses and updated weekly to provide the most current, relevant information that practicing nurses and students need to know to administer medications safely in any healthcare setting. Always up-to-date, the Nursing Drug Handbook App emphasizes nursing and safety aspects of drug administration and ensures that you’re fully informed of the newest approved drugs, approved and off-label uses for drugs, overdose signs & symptoms, and drug warnings.
Note: Users running multiple accounts on a single Tablet must install and access the Nursing Drug Handbook app from the Owner account. The app will not install properly on any device sub-account.
About your InApp purchase:
Your InApp subscription to the Nursing Drug Handbook app provides 12 months of continuous access to all drugs in the app, including quarterly updates featuring drugs newly approved by the FDA and weekly updates covering new Indications and Dosages, Black Box Warnings, Alerts, and other critical clinical information.
Your payment of $24.99 will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew, until canceled, for $24.99 unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. You can manage your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Screenshots (use scrollbar)
Healthcare Mobile Apps
There's and app for that too. Check out our catalog of healthcare mobile apps.
Use the scroll bar to view full list.